§ 21.02 Snowmobile trail maintenance entities. Snowmobile trail maintenance entities play an important role in the trail system. As general guidelines, to further promote the proper and safe operation of snowmobiles and the other purposes as set forth in section 21.01 of this article, snowmobile trail maintenance entities should strive to:
1. clearly mark and delineate state designated snowmobile trails for which they are responsible;
2. encourage riders to participate in available snowmobile educational programs to make riders aware of the inherent risks associated with the sport;
3. equip trail maintenance vehicles that they operate with such warning implements or devices as specified by law;
4. hold training sessions each season, for operators of trail maintenance equipment concerning the proper operation of such vehicles;
5. provide education for all other personnel charged with trail maintenance, inspection or patrol duties as to methods to be used for summoning aid in emergencies; and
6. maintain for public use trail area information showing the following: (a) the location of state designated trails; and (b) the status of each trail as open or closed. Nothing in this section shall create a legal duty or obligation beyond that which may already exist.