§ 25.01 Rules and regulations. With a view of achieving maximum use of snowmobiles and minimizing the detrimental effect thereof upon the environment, the commissioner shall adopt rules and regulations relating to and including, but not limited to the following:
1. Use of snowmobiles insofar as fish and wildlife resources are affected.
2. Use of snowmobiles on public lands and waters under the jurisdiction of the office.
3. Uniform signs or markers to be used by governmental agencies which are necessary or desirable to control, direct, or regulate the operation and use of snowmobiles. Such signs as may be designated for use on highways shall also be approved by the commissioner of transportation.
4. Specifications relating to equipment required for safety as provided in section 25.17.
5. Requirements for the protection of private property or interests therein occasioned by the use of snowmobiles.
6. Establishment of a comprehensive snowmobile information and safety education and training program, including provision for issuance of snowmobile safety certificates for operation of snowmobiles by youthful operators.
7. Granting of permits for and the conduct of special events as provided in section 25.11.
8. Administration and enforcement of the provisions of section 25.13, relating to insurance.
9. Such other matters as may be necessary or desirable to provide for the effective administration and enforcement of the provisions of this title.